Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Something something Napier


I just saw the family guy so sorry about that :-D

Link to photos: Here!
Odkaz na fotky: ZDE!

ENGLISH:

Greetings,
the biggest news of the week(s) is that I have a job. YAY! I'm working in breakers which is a restaurant and my job is mostly taking plates to tables nad then bringing them back. Sometimes I'm behind a bar which means of course preparing drinks and taking orders. Cool thing is that we accept orders only at the bar so noone comes to the tables to ask what the people want. Weird thing is that there are two shifts. I usually start at about 11 and work untill 3 but I do nothing untill 12 and then I do nothing again from 1:30 to 3. There's nothing to do, then a busy hour, hour and a half and then there's nothing to do again. Just cuttlery :-D The same goes for the second shift I start at about 5, at 6:30 it gets really busy but by 8 it's almost empty. We usually clean untill 9 and then comes the best thing about the job. We take free drinks (beer, cider, bourbon+cola in a can (strange but not bad), almost anything you can :) and we just sit outside and enjoying the free time. Love it!
I love the kiwi accent! :-D I' definitely bringing back no worries (add mate/bro if you want:), which I loved before I arrived. I definitely need to understand when to use cheers (also mate/bro) because it's awesome. And the best thing of course is sweet as! I just love it! :-D
They have swithces in the plugs, you put your charger in the plug and then you have to switch to make it work. Crazy...
I wrote about the Italian guy who can't understand anything on Facebook but he's really funny. He's supposed to work and clean around the hostel but it's true about Italians. They don't work :-D But he plays football so I guess that expaines it all...
Everyone got a job. After two weeks I'm here and after a week of constant asking when does the work starts, the owner finally came and gave everyone a job. Worse than mine! Hehe :-D
I hate cans for which you have to use can opener. It's silly looking and it sometimes doesn't work so I have to buy smaller beans because I can open them just with my hand.
There was a guy on my second day at the work. He came about 9 after the kitchen closed and he said „Can I eat? And can you call me a taxi?“
„Sorry, we're closed.“
„Can I at leats get a snack?“
„Sorry, there's noone in the kitchen.“
„Can you call me a taxi.“
I started looking around for some help because I had no idea what to do and when I turned back he was leaving and by the door he said „If you can't speak english don't work in a restaurant.“
It was way funnier than it seems now I assure you :-D
I still don't have an IRD number so I can't get paid and it will take at least a week to get it. And yes I have only fifty dollars and yes I still have to pay the accomodation and food and everything. Fuck!
I'm looking for a flat. Why? Because I want to meet kiwis and not the germans! And I could use a room just for me and not shared with two irish guys that noone can understand and another germans. There's currently one bed free so I wonder who comes next.
I read one book and I'm reading another one. Good thing is that in the hostel is about 60 books and not a bad ones, surprisingly. One sci-fi from Frederick Pohl, nice one.
But I'm still thinking of going to a public library.
I posted pictures but there're really two exactly the same countdowns about 50 metres from each other.
If you have any questions about what's happening, about NZ or anyhting, just post it :)
I was swimming in the sea (one time actually in ocean, don't know about the second one) two times. Terrible both times :-D
I always foget how annoying the salt is.
The weather is really cool. I came to NZ for the four last days of winter and now it's spring and I think it's about the same temperature as you have. Maybe even more :)
I think I might get the kiwi accent evenutally :)
I can't send another postcard because noone (really noone in whole Napier) sells postcards. But I'm thinking about it...
Everyone smokes weed in here and yes it's more expensive than in czech but not that much.
I asked Tim (coworker) what to do in Napier and he gave me a few not bad ideas. Then I asked Nicola (another coworker) what to do in Napier. She started thinking and after few seconds responded „get drunk“ :-D
Then she was thinking more and more and more and she didn't think of anything else so I concluded I need to start smoking cigarettes (1 cigarette costs about 1 dollar which is fucked up), I need to buy weed (I should already have a source :) and most importantly I really need to start drinking!
I wanted to log in to my kiwibank account and of course I started writing wiki instead of kiwi. Damnit! It will get so confusing later...
I went to a jazz concert. It was good at first then boring but I came a bit late probably.
We throw out so much food it's unbelievable. They order entrées, mains, desserts and they can't even eat the mains because they're full of entrées. Idiots! Such a waste!
I occasioanlly steal their food :-D
I cant think in czech anymore but I'm not able to think in english properly so I realised I think of nothing. It's really cool to have a free mind.
If I do think of something it's mostly just images, pictures and almost no words. Funny :)
There's a church just in front of hostel and it always starts to bell at 9:30 on Sunday so there's no chance to continue your sleep after that.
It's weird that the germans speak in germans all the time. Everyone comes in here to learn english but they speak in german all the time so it's pointless. And it's stupid that when you're a backpacker and you want to see the NZ, meet kiwis and all, you're actually stuck in backapacker hostels with other travellers. Stupid.
It's quite cold in my room in night :-/
I'´m not sure what more to write but I think I'm forgetting something.
I'm not sure how much money I get in my work. If I get all 14 dollars per hour or that's just gross income and I actually get less. And how much will i get?
I think I might be able to save some money for later and with some time hopefully be able to buy the ticket for rhytm and wines where I definitely want to be there on New Years eve. Hope I find someone to go with me.
I should think of something radical, big and cool to buy when the money finally comes. It will be wage after at least two weeks (probably three) so it's quite a lot money because I worked about 25 hours last week and this week I'll probably get at least 30. YAY!
I want to buy a bike but that's probably too small. I'll definitely buy some delicious dinner but that's too small also.
I could buy the tickets for the rhytm and wines which would be awesome but I'm not sure if that's enough and I don't know if I want to go to a festival completely alone. It's okay being here alone. Lots of people do that (and girls too which is cool) but on festival it might be strange.
I didn't even realize I worte two pages.
I still hate the translations.
I always want to continue to write my „book“ and finally sort out all the characters, plots and connections and everything but it's all stuck because they don't sell small notebooks in a shops so I can't write my notes :-D
I'm reading John Grisham (he seems to be quite famous)- Rainmaker and it's really good and really easy to read! I'm almost finished and I started less than week ago.
What else? What else?
I don't understand anyone and I almost always have to ask at least once for repeat.
I was told my accent sounds like something between germans and spanish. What? :-D
I hate the word I :-D English doesn't make sense with that and it's stupid.
I think I haven't learn anything new in english excpet I finally remember the word funnel. I love that word! And who knows what it means? I know, almost everyone but nevermind.
I forgot the word in czech though :-D
The beer is surprisingly good. Both, tap and in bottles.
No czech beer can be seen in here...
The owner of the hostel was saying that czechs are terrible people when I was standing behind him :-D
Surprising is I didn't agree with him (even though I thought the same :-D) and I usually protect czechs when someone else is offending them. I don't know why...
Almost all the travelers I met like science and math and stuff like that. Awesome!
And all the travelers I met are definitely not the typical citizens of their countries. Argetinian guy was not argentinian, germans are not typical germans and obviously I'm not typical czech so you actually learn nothing about other countries and other people.
But it makes sense. If you are german you don't have to leave germany but if you're not the typical one you leave.
I should end because it's way too long.
But someone promised me to correct my english so you should start now! :-P
And I forgot to mention that I posted more than 150 articles in there and this one is number 154 in more than three years

ČESKY:


Zdravíčko,
Největší novinka týdne (ů) je, že mám práci. Yay! Pracuju v Breakers, což je restaurace and většinou nosím talíře s jídle a poté zpět talíře bez jídla. Občas jsem za barem, což je dost strašný a znamená to samozřejmě přijímání objednávek a přípravu pití. Užitečný je, že objednávky přijímáme jenom na baru, takže k lidem nikdo nechodí. Pracuje se na dvě směny, většinou od 11 do asi 2. Což znamená, že nic nedělám, pak od 12 hodinu až hodinu a půl opravdu pracuju a pak zas nic. TO stejný je i večer. Přijdu v 5, v 6:30 přijde hromada lidí, tak to pokračuje zase hodinu a půl a v 8 už v práci nikdo není a v 9 se může zavírat. Hustý je, že potom si můžem vzít pití (pivo, cider nebo bourbon+cola v plechovce. Vše zdarma, žeano) a jenom si sednout a pít.
Miluju kiwi akcent! :-D Rozhodně se vrátím a budu používat no worries (plus samozřejmé nezbytné bro/mate), který jsem měl rád ještě než jsem sem přijel. Cheers je skvělý, protože se dá použít úplně všude, samozřejmě s dodatkem bro/mate :) A jako poslední je nejlepší věc a to je sweet as, což je prostě epic :-D
Mají tu spínače na zásuvkách, takže zapojím spotřebič a musím zmáčknout tlačítko, aby to všechno fungovalo. Podivné...
O Italovi už jsem psal, ale je to super týpek. Má tu uklízet a mít zadarmo ubytování, ale evidentně je pravda, co se o italech říká. Italové nepracují. Ale hraje fotbal, takže to možná všechno vysvětluje :-D
Každej už dostal práci. Po dvou týdnech čekání a týdnu neustálýho ujišťování, že zítra už se začne pracovat, konečně všichni pracují na kiwi farmě. Ale mají horší práci než já. Cháchá :-D
Nesnáším plechovky, protože otvírač konzerv (má to nějakej termín? :-D Pokud jo, tak jsem ho evidentně zapomněl) je divnej a nedává smysl a pokud dává smysl, tak nefunguje.
Teď si musím kupovat menší plechovky, který mají kovovej konec, takže se dají otevří jenom rukou.
Historka o týpkovi v práci je nudná a nechtěla se mi psát ani v angličtině, takže máte smůlu :-D
Pardon. Ale o nic jste nepřišli...
Pořád nemám IRD number, takyže nemůžu dostat výplatu a to číslo dostanu nejdřív za týden. A jo, pořád mám jenom 50 dolarů (teď už jenom asi třicet, protože jsem byl nakupovat) a ne, pořád jsem ještě nezaplatil za ubytování.
Začal jsem hledat byt, protože chci potkat kiwáky a ne němce. A navíc by bylo docela hezkyý mít pokoj jenom pro sebe a ne sdílenej se třema týpkama, z nichž dvěma irům nerozumím ani slovo. Máme tu volnou postel, takže by mě zajímalo kdo tam bude spát...
Dočetl jsem jednu knihu (teď už ve skutečnosti dvě) a obě kupodivu dobrý. Je tu asi 60 knížek v hostelu, ale stejně přemýšlím o tom, jít do knihovny.
Fotky jsem postoval, ale opravdu tu jsou dva countdowny 50 metrů od sebe.
Pokud máte otázky na mě nebo na Zéland, tak se klidně ptejte :)
Plaval jsem v moři (přesněji: minimálně jednou v oceánu). Dvakrát a obojí stálo za h...
Vždycky zapomenu, jak otravná je ta sůl.
Je tu krásný počasí. Přijel jsem na poslední čtyři dny zimy a teď už je krásný jaro. Teplota je asi stejná jako v brně, možná dokonce i víc.
Možná se mi podaří získat aspoň trošku kiwi přízvuk.
Nemůžu poslat žádný pohledy, protože nikdo v Napier pohledy neprodává :-D
Ale myslím na to :)
Každej tu hulí a jo, je to dražší než v česku, ale ne zas tak moc.
Ptal jsem se Tima (spolupracovník? Strašný slovo), co se dá dělat v Napier a kupodivu mi dal par ne úplně špatnejch tipů. Pak jsem se zeptal Nicoly (spolupracovnice. Ještě horší :-D). Začala přemýšlet a pak odpověděla: Opít se.
Potom se zamyslela ještě jednou a neřekla nic dalšího, takže výsledek je ten, že musím začít kouřit (jedna cigareta=1 dolar= asi 15 korun), hulit (už mám zdroj, což se vždycky hodí) a pak musím začít pít.
Chtěl jsem se příhlásit na svůj účet v kiwibank a místo toho jsem začal psát wiki. Později z toho budu zmatenej ještě víc...
Šel jsem na jazz koncert a nebylo to špatný. Ze začátku, pak to bylo trochu nudný, ale asi jsem přišel moc pozdě.
Vyhazujeme tolik jídla, že je to neuvěřitelný. Objednají si předkrm, hlavní jídlo a dezert a nejsou schopní sníst ani hlavní jídlo. Kreténi“
Občas jim to jídlo kradu :)
Nejsem schopen (a ochoten) přemýšlet v češtině, ale nejsme dostatečně dobrej v angličtině, takže nepřemýšlím o ničem. Je to docela zajímavý mít úplně čistou hlavu.
Pokud o něčem přemýšlím, tak je to většinou jenom v obrázcích a ne slova.
Před hostelem je kostel, kterej vždycky začne zvonit v 9:30 každou neděli, takže je nemožný potom spát.
Je divný, že němci mluví pořád německy. Všichni sem jedou, aby se naučili anglicky, ale všichni mluví německy, takže se nenaučí vůbec nic. Navíc když je člověk backpaker a žije v hostelech, tak nepotkává žádný novozélanďany, ale jenom samí cestovatele a turisty, takže se vlastně nedozví nic o zélandu. Divný...
Nevím, jakej je můj plat. Mám dostat 14 dolarů, ale nevím, jestli je to hrubá mzda nebo ne.
Myslím a hlavně doufám, že se mi podaří ušetřit nějaký peníze a potom si později koupit lístek na rhytm and wines, což je fesťák kousek od Napier a končí na Novej rok, což je epic! Taky musím najít někoho, kdo pojede se mnou.
Měl bych si vymyslet nějako velkou věc, za kterou si utratím svojí první výplatu. Bude to po dvou až třech týdnech, takže docela dost peněz.
Chci si koupit kolo, ale to je moc malý. Rozhodně si koupím nějakou lahodnou večeři, ale to se nepočítá.
Mohl bych si koupit ten lístek, ale na to asi mít nebudu a navíc nevím, jestli tam chci jet sám. Jet na fesťák sám je divný...
Být sám tady je v pohodě kupodivu, to dělá hodně lidí, včetně holek, což je hodně hustý.
Pořád nesnáším překlady!
Chtěl jsem pokračovat v psaní své knihy, ale protože tady v obchodech nemají malý poznýmkový bloky, tak jsem se na to vykašlal :-D
Dočetl jsem Rainmaker od Johna Grishama, kterej je prej docela slavnej a nebylo to vůbec špatný
Nikomu tu nerozumím a všech se ptám, aby mi zopakovali, co říkali.
Můj přízvuk je něco mezi španělem a němcem, na což se dá říct jenom wtf? :-D
Nesnáším slovo já. Ok, tohle je možná blbost překládat, ale nevadí :-D
Pivo je tu kupodivu dobrý. Jak točený, tak lahvový.
Žádný český pivo jsem tu neviděl.
Majitel hostel říkal, že češi jsou strašní zatímco jsem stál za ním.
Kupodivu jsem se ohradil, i když s tím samozřejmě souhlasím :-D
Skoro všichni cestovatelé (strašný slovo) mají rádi matiku, fyziku atdp., což je super.
Nikdo z nás není typickej obyvatel toho státu, ze kterýho jsme. Což dává smysl, ale němci nejsou typičtí němci, já nejsme typickej čech atd., takže se vlastně vůbec nevzděláváme...
A to je zdá se všechno. Konečně!

2 comments:

  1. To, že nepřemýšlíš v češtině leccos vysvětluje. Už od začátku článku si říkám, že zníš jako kdyby tě hodili do překladače :)

    Van.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Překlady jsou vždycky strašný. Originál ať už v angličtině nebo češtině je vždycky lepší a rozhodně doporučuju číst vždycky ten první text. Ale jo, češtinu zapominám dost rychle a dneska jsem mluvil v češtině s mámou a bylo to dost divny.

      Delete

Thank you for any comments :)